Update on Library Projects
I get some questions about what I have planned for Griffin Free, and I know many more want to ask but don’t. So here is a list of some of the short-term goals I have for the library. I hope you will share your wishlists and ideas with me on your next visit. I am always looking for new ideas.
- Online catalog – you can check out the petition on our homepage for more information. This is the number one requested item.
- Cleaning the shelves – too many of the books at Griffin Free are no longer used, or are outdated. The staff and I are going through everything to see what is worth keeping. When this is done…
- We get new things! I know everyone wants to see the latest bestsellers and new release DVDs. Once we have cleaned out what we have, I will be working on getting regular and up-to-date additions to the collection.
- Hours that fit with your life – I hope to work on amending our hours so that everyone has an opportunity to visit Griffin Free. It’s a tough balance with our limited operating hours, but we are working on ideas for a friendlier schedule.
- Computer station – I hope to have a computer workstation in the front room before too long. Hopefully, we will get a second public use machine as well. This will give people additional privacy and a more comfortable place to use the computer.
- More people invested in Griffin Free – whether by volunteering, donating, or being a part of the Friends of Griffin Free Public Library, we need your help to make the library the best it can be.
- Friendly conversations. Auburn is a great town, and the library is a great place for people in Auburn to meet, talk, and learn. I hope to make the library a comfortable place for these conversations, and to have events that facilitate them.
That’s my report for now. Thanks for checking in with griffinfree.com!